Welcome to the Dragon Folk Club

Welcome to the official blog of the Dragon Folk Club, which meets for a singers night every Friday at The Bridge Inn, Shortwood, Bristol. Everyone is welcome whether you sing, play or just listen.

Monday 28 February 2022

Back to life

Grey seal pup (photo: Simon Meeds)
It's not a normal Dragon Folk Club report this week I'm afraid, since I have been a bit distracted, and indeed I wasn't at last Friday's session in person, however my remote eyes and ears have been doing their job.

It was great to hear that there were five people present. A very welcome return for Geoff, who has been on a sick note for a while. Colin had also brought in first-timer Clive and his officially non-performing wife Jane, who I am told did a fine job of accompanying her husband.

I won't try to go through the songs that were sung in any details, but please listen to the playlist behind the "a selection" link below. I may not have managed to find quite as many appropriate videos as usual, and I may even have misidentified some songs, but a count of 28 identified out of 31 sung isn't too bad.

Now listen to a selection of songs sung during this session.

(Number of people present - 5 of whom 4 performed)

No comments:

Post a Comment