Welcome to the Dragon Folk Club

Welcome to the official blog of the Dragon Folk Club, which meets for a singers night every Friday at The Bridge Inn, Shortwood, Bristol. Everyone is welcome whether you sing, play or just listen.

Tuesday 28 March 2023

Good show

Roy Wood performing with Wizzard
on TopPop, May 1974
There was a decent turnout for last week's Dragon Folk Club session. I have to admit that I wasn't there. What's more I'm running out of time to write this report, so I hope I have got all of the songs correct, and I will apologise for its brevity. I hope service will be back to normal next week.

Colin started out on his own, uncertain of who would join him. Only the walls were there to listen to him sing Roy Wood's Flowers in the Rain.

Gradually others appeared, first Paul and Denny, then Geoff and finally Steve and Jane.

The only song of the evening not in represented in the YouTube playlist is Steve Thomason's Tracks in the Snow sung by Paul.

Of course Jane provided a wealth of stories telling of:

Colin finished the evening off with Air Fa La La Lo - a traditional gaelic song translated by Hugh S. Roberton.

Now listen to a selection of songs sung during this session.

(Number of people present - 6 of whom 6 performed)

No comments:

Post a Comment